Monday 6 December 2010

Triple Dates

Spots: Loads. Why am I breaking out? I blame exhaustion.
Units of alcohol: 5
Brothers being nasty: 1

It's been a week since I've blogged but I must tell you about the triple date on Thursday.  There were 3 couples including the lovely Caveman and I thought carefully about what I should cook.  I tend to get stressed in the kitchen when there is too much to do at the same time, cooking a roast, for example, so I eventually settled on something I could make in advance: pork and apricot casserole.  I searched for a while to find something to slow-cook it in, and eventually borrowed a Chinese block mate's slow cooked.  What a marvellous invention. All I had to do then was make some couscous and steam some broccoli.  Sorted.  And I must admit, it was PDG (pretty damn good). We had mince pies for pudding and my fridge was also raided for petit filous.
The dates went really well and it looks like we have two more potential couples on the scene.

After supper we went to a flat party for a while then Caveman and I decided to make the most of the snow and go sledging. At 11.30pm.  In negative temperatures.  We must have been mad.  But we took a couple of road signs (no we didn't steal them, they were left over from the snow last year in someone's house) and had a good giggle.  I suck at sledging.  We eventually went home, and, well, that is another story :)  (potential Mr Darcy? Peut-etre!)

No comments:

Post a Comment