Monday 15 November 2010

2 Musketeers Exercise

Weight: who knows, thank you water retention
Units of alcohol: 0
Units of hot Ribena: 10ish
Cigarettes: 0
Tantrums in Bateson Hall due to stupid TV show I have to review but don't understand: 1

After the hellish TV show screening I felt fit to burst, so my trusty female Musketeer and I headed to an exercise class titled 'Yoga Inspired Fitness'.  For 55 minutes we lay in various positions on the mats extending our limbs, sticking our bottoms in the air and pulling in our tummies to the strains of 'deep breath in... and out...'
The unforgettable moment was the 'seal roll'.  We lay on our backs with our legs bent like a frog with our feet touching, then rolled backwards, clapped our hands like seals and then rolled back again onto our sitting bones.  So incredibly dignified.


The impossibly slim, muscular instructor bounced around the room shouting into her microphone, her blonde ponytail swinging enthusiastically behind her and as she adjusted my hips I wondered what on earth I was doing there.  Do any of these slow movements and breathing exercises actually do any good?
Nevertheless, we left the class having felt we'd done some good work without the sweat of a proper workout. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment