Sunday 14 November 2010

White T-Shirts, Marker Pens, Alcohol, Farmers

Weight: 11st 1lb
Height: 5'6.8" - Apparently I have shrunk by 5 or so "??? I don't think the height/weight machine works..
Units of Alcohol: Goodness knows...
Cigarettes: 3ish?
Random girl kisses: 2

WEDNESDAY
I've had an attendance warning about University Choir so I thought I had better go. Just as well though as I have finally met someone just like me, the lovely Alice.  She has an amazing voice and so we have teamed up to do some songs together. She's only the second person I've met here who went to a private school and it turns out we have a lot in common, so I instantly feel a lot happier.  Here's to a long friendship.
After choir I met up with a friend from home who is at Cardiff, and we went to watch 'Life As We Know It' which we LOVED so go and see it before it leaves the cinema- it's great for guys as well as girls, the perfect film for a date!
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqzjDrrZIdE
After the film we had supper at Cafe Rouge which was delicious, and what makes it even yummier for us students is this amazing website which offers 2 for 1 meals at various chain restaurants:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-restaurant-deals
A lovely evening!

THURSDAY
This evening shall be forever ingrained in my memory as the best night out in Portsmouth so far. This happened to be on a Creative Writing Social where it was obligatory to wear a white t-shirt.  Throughout the evening we drew and wrote things of generally a sexual orientation (after all, isn't that all students are interested in?!) all over the t-shirts, and also over any unwisely revealed flesh. This is all great fun and perhaps a good aide-memoir of the evening, but a word of advice: don't allow permanent marker anywhere on your body as it takes days to scrub off...which is problem when you have to wear a dress 2 nights later...
After a bar crawl around the Guildhall Walk, we ended up in the amazing 90s club Babylon where we danced until the early hours, screaming along to the music of our childhoods- Spice Girls, S Club 7, B*Witched... what a night!

Shower 1: ink hardly budged





FRIDAY
I attempted to cook a prawn Thai curry for some of my friends.  This was, however, slightly taken over by my Thai flatmate as apparently I wasn't cooking it correctly, so I have to hand her the praise for the delicious meal.  We had a good giggle and soon my flat became the place to gather in.  We then all walked to Gunwharf for a game of bowling.  When we arrived were all shocked:  this was the first time we had ever been I.Dd for going bowling! The weather recently has been disgusting, even with a waterproof, so I retired earlier than usual to bed as I was coming down with a bad cold.  Note to students: when buying cough medicine there is no point in buying expensive brands such as Benylin; Boots' own is just as good.

Showers 2 and 3: ink going but still obviously there

SATURDAY
Shower 4: ink still there. Maybe I will have to find a new dress?
Bath: ink almost gone. What is left will have to pass as veins. Thank God I don't have to buy new dress.

I was invited by a 'charming young farmer' to the Young Farmers' Ball at the Rose Bowl.  I knew barely anyone there, and the ones that I did I had only met a week before in the pub. Still, as it was a black tie 'do I made an effort and didn't feel out of place amongst the swathes of lace and silk floating around the room.  Nobody noticed the ink. Tonight, however, I discovered two things:
Farmers drink a lot.
Alcohol helps when your 'charming young farmer' ditches you pretty much all night.

The next morning I had a disgusting hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment