Tuesday 2 November 2010

I never want to do that again but I've got to...

Weight: 11st 2lb
B.M.I 24.2
Units of alcohol: 0!
Calories: maybe a third of yesterday's?

Well, I did it, I went to the gym. And I also went to an excruciatingly painful 'pump' class that left me feeling like I would never step foot in the studio again. Or even raise my arm in the air again. When I finally emerged from the sports centre my entire body was flushed and sweat was pouring off me like elephant's pee. I looked oh-so-attractive, and something that I simply cannot fathom is how some girls do the same exercises but look as fresh as a daisy afterwards with their hair and make-up still perfectly intact. It is incredibly unfair.  The gym was pretty nerve-racking since the few girls that were in there were only on the running machines, and it was predominantly the boys that were occupying the weights machines- with the exception being me. I felt constantly under scrutiny, worried that someone might come up to me and tell me I wasn't doing it right, thus causing even more humiliation.  I also had to keep my eyes averted from the bulging muscles being paraded in front of me, a difficult feat, I tell you!
I can already feel that my arms have worked hard, and I expect I shall be unable to move in the morning, but I shall still endeavour to keep up the pace, especially having reminded in the horrifying numbers above exactly how out of shape I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment