Monday 1 November 2010

A New Beginning

Weight: A baby elephant
Alcohol units today: 2.5 (so far...)
Cigarettes: 0
Calories: Too many thanks to lunch in Cafe Rouge (and I had pudding)


It is the first of November, and although I forgot to pinch-and-punch anyone, today is quite a marker as I have finally started my blog. Also, the clocks have gone back- so for me it is officially winter, which I love. The gorgeous hues of the trees are trying to tell me otherwise, however, but they don't have a lot of influence because all the plants have come out at the wrong time this year so they are probably just bit late in their leaves changing colour and dropping off.
Anyway, here I am with my gin and tonic, determined to turn over a new leaf as far as my physical and mental state go.  A month ago I subscribed to the gym and all their fancy classes, but I shamefully admit that I have yet to visit.  This I endeavour to change. I have also put behind me my first love/best friend as he has broken my heart, treats me like dirt and has been sleeping with my friend. Isn't life a bitch?
 I have yet to find my Mr Darcy.  I know students are supposed to have fun and play the field, but for me, the day when I meet my own gorgeous Colin Firth can't come fast enough. Bugger- I have just knocked over my g&t. I am so bloody clumsy.

Today I met my old friend from school and we did a little retail therapy and had a delicious lunch together, then walked along the sea front putting the world to rights.  He is tall, dark and handsome and anybody in their right mind would fancy the pants off him. Did I mention that he is also extremely intelligent, funny and a lovely person? My mother and all her friends bat their eyelids at him and secretly wonder why we're not already walking down the aisle, but the truth is that he has always just been a really good friend.
This evening I asked my block mate Ben to come and entertain me while I did my several- days-old washing up.  He brought his guitar and we had a sing-along, much to the amusement of my Chinese flat mates, before moving to my room.  I was a little embarrassed because I had a slightly untidy room with some packets of tampons lying around and in my experience, men hate to be reminded of that sort of thing.  I suppose I should be grateful he didn't find my Bridget Jones-style Really Big Knickers.
I am going to go now and look for something to have for supper because the thorough cleaning of my bedroom has burnt up all of my lunch.
Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment