Sunday 7 November 2010

Home and Farmers

Units of alcohol: ohhhh wine you are my downfall!
Calories: more than when I'm at uni
Farmers met: about 8
Grandmothers not very happy with me: 1

My Granny and I are having another one of our fights.  She means the world to me but she is so old-fashioned and snobby.  I go over to her house and help her out all the time, yet she still finds every little thing wrong with me and makes me feel useless.  She criticizes what I wear, the way I talk, what I read, my boyfriends and pretty much everything else.  She has no idea how lucky she is that I don't do drugs and that I don't have a baby. She has told me that she is still very disappointed that I left Cardiff Uni to come to Portsmouth, and that I must get really stuck in and she expects nothing less than a First Class Degree.  I'm not sure that's going to happen at the moment as I am struggling to find the motivation to work.  Hopefully things will improve.
Moving on from that, last night I spent a lovely evening at home in front of the fire with X Factor and lots of wine.  I had forgotten that I said I'd meet a friend at the pub and since my mother and her friend had also been knocking back the wine, the only option left was a taxi.  This was an interesting trip, I recall, but what we talked about I couldn't tell you. Anyway, we shook hands and off I went.
In the pub were about 8 young farmers all having fun, and I happily joined in even though I felt pretty overdressed.  I now know the pub owner and he was very accommodating.  I met my friend's sister for the first time and we had such a giggle, and I have been invited to the Farmers' Ball next weekend at the Rosebowl cricket ground.  This sounds like a lot of fun so I'm really looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment